Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

Beauty Trend: Coral Lips

Hey everyone!

This summer orange and coral lips have been without a doubt a huge trend, they can lighten and brighten your make-up, give a warm, summery feel and look great in the sun, what's not to love? It's rare to find a colour that suits such a wide range of skin tones but with so many varieties of products available, ranging from pink to red to orange, there's a perfect coral shade for almost everyone out there. You just need to find the shade for you!

Having a very pale skin tone myself I have previously brought pink lip products but found they make my face look cold and aren't particularly flattering on me. This could be due to the fact that most of the products I've tried have blue undertones which, combined with my pale skin, give an overall frosty finish. The warmer undertones in coral lip products sounded tempting so I thought, why not give this trend a go?

MAC jumped on board with the orange trend by launching their "All About Orange" collection earlier this summer. I was particularly intrigued by the lipsticks in this collection including, Neon orange, Flamingo, Sushi Kiss and Tangerine Dream, mmm don't they just sound so good? After debating for a while I decided to splurge and brought MAC's Costa Chic lipstick. At first i was skeptical of purchasing it due to the negative reviews I heard about the frost finish, however it was creamy and moisturizing and didn't disappoint. Although this was not featured in their orange collection it fits in perfectly with the coral trend. It is bright yet very wearable and is just an overall lovely peachy-pink lipstick.


"All About Orange" MAC Collection


MAC Lipstick - Costa Chic

Another product I brought, after reading many complementary reviews, was the Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick. I chose the shade Peach on the Beach because of its lovely coral-pink colour and gorgeous name. The lip crayon is soft and smooth like a balm but gives great colour and leaves a beautiful glossy finish. Another positive is that this product claims to have SPF15, is waterproof and gives comfort and hydration for 10 hours. 

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish - Peach on the Beach

So there you go! There's just two of the coral lip products available to you but there's many many more out there to try! Another product I look forward to trying is the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in a colour such as Tutti Fruitti or Peach Parfait (once again they all have such tempting, scrummy names!). I love the lip butter formula after having already purchased one in the colour Strawberry Shortcake, however this colour has subtle blueish undertones which aren't so flattering to my skin, so I am now excited to try out some more in different colours. I've have definitely been loving coral lips and I know many more people have been too, so if you haven't yet given it a go then what are you waiting for? Give it a go and you never know, you might love it too!


Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment